If you want to get technical support for a customer with an active support agreement then please open a ticket at https://jira.whamcloud.com . If you would like to explore getting Whamcloud-backed support then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Job Is to Make Your Job Simpler
Industries of all sizes, around the world, are investing in fast, scalable Lustre storage solutions to solve today’s most challenging problems. Whether you’re modeling the effects of climate change or searching for new sources of energy, you need the parallel performance and scalability of Lustre software.
Enterprise-Grade Technical Support
Whamcloud is the primary developer, maintainer, and technical support provider for Lustre software, and has the skills to support your unique requirements. Simply put, you can count on the Lustre experts at Whamcloud for proven Lustre technical support to ensure that your storage solutions are always on.
Global Network of Storage Partners
Whamcloud, working through our global network of OEM, integrator, and reseller storage partners, provides Lustre storage appliances with enterprise-grade support for customers of all sizes. Our support offerings enhance the Open-Source community Lustre releases to provide a complete and reliable solution for high-performance scalable storage.
Whamcloud Support Partners offer Support Levels L0, L1 and L2. Whamcloud offers L3 as defined below:
- Phone/email response to End User
- Check if problem and/or bug is a valid Lustre software issue.
- Check for valid current support contract
- Create the initial ‘ticket’ in Issue-Tracking Database.
- Provide information about the End User environment, setup and configuration.
- Check the Online /Lustre community issue tracking databases to see if this is a ‘Known Problem’ and if so, whether a ‘Known Solution’ exists
- Ensure ticket contains complete and well-described report of the problem including the assigned level of support working on the problem and its severity.
- Maintain responsibility for communications with the End User through all phases of the issue resolution.
- Make commercially reasonable efforts to reproduce and diagnose the problem using either the end customer system, or partner laboratory system
- Make commercially reasonable efforts to resolve or reduce severity of the problems by introducing any known work-around, patch or code correction.
- Validate whether any fixes provided by Whamcloud resolve the problem.
- Communicate steps and actions taken as well as a possible resolution along with any code changes and testing results in the Whamcloud Online Issue-Tracking Database.
Level 3: From Whamcloud Only
- Resolution of “Level 3” issues is the core service.
- A ‘code fix’, tested and validated and provided to Partners as a maintenance release or a ‘hotfix’.
- Write up of code changes and testing results in the Online Issue-Tracking Database (Jira)
- Submit the final resolution to the Lustre Master Tree, issue a ‘hotfix’
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com